Govt clears BharatMala road connectivity project: Key facts
New Delhi: In a serious enhance to street connectivity in India, the federal government on Tuesday gave the go-ahead to the bold BharatMala challenge which envisages to put a whopping greater than 83,000 km of roads throughout the nation.
Listed below are the important thing information of the challenge:
1. Rs 5,35,000 cores shall be invested beneath the BharatMala challenge for building of 34,800 km, whereas the stability works of 48,877 km could be constructed beneath different schemes with an outlay of Rs.1.57 lakhs cr.
2. The main focus is on point-to-point expressways, border connectivity and worldwide connectivity.
three. Within the first part of the challenge, about 2,000 km of coastal roads shall be constructed.
four. The funding for the challenge shall be raised from markets (Rs.2.09 lakh crore), pvt. investments (Rs. 1.06 lakh crore), and CRF/ToT/Toll (Rs.2.19 lakhs cr.)
5. The Nationwide Freeway Authority of India (NHAI) can even be a part of the challenge and can increase zero.97 lakhs cr. from CRF and zero.59 lakhs cr. from budgetary assist.
6. As a part of the challenge, 82 highways shall be ‘monetized’ with an funding potential of Rs 34,000 cr.
7. In line with the federal government, the primary bundle of 9 Nationwide Freeway stretches of 680.64 km has already been bid out with a monetization worth of Rs 6258 cr.