BJP: BJP pulls its ministers out of Andhra Pradesh government: Key developments | India News
* “Our ministers in central cupboard and BJP ministers in our cupboard have resigned. Nonetheless, these ministers labored good within the state. They introduced appreciable reforms of their departments. I thank them for his or her companies,” TDP boss and Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu stated within the state Meeting after the event.
*Talking within the state Meeting at the moment, Naidu accused the Centre of “holding the hand” of northeastern states, however not doing the identical for Andhra Pradesh. He demanded to know the explanation for this “discrimination.”
* Civil aviation minister P Ashok Gajapati Raju and Union minister of science and know-how Srujana Chowdary, each of whom belong to the TDP, are additionally anticipated to resign from their posts at the moment, a day after their social gathering attacked the BJP authorities on the Centre for “betraying” Andhra Pradesh.
* “We have now taken the choice to drag out two TDP ministers, civil aviation minister P Ashok Gajapati Raju and Union minister of science and know-how Srujana Chowdary, from the Union cupboard as all our efforts to get particular class standing failed. It was a final resort resolution,” Naidu had stated yesterday.
* Naidu’s remarks got here hours after finance minister Arun Jaitley stated the Centre couldn’t accommodate TDP’s calls for for “particular class” standing or tax aid for the state.
Jaitley stated that whereas the Centre would give help equal to Particular Class standing, the designation itself couldn’t be conferred as a result of it has ceased to exist after the implementation of the suggestions of the 14th Finance Fee.
* Naidu later tweeted that he had “tried reaching out to the Prime Minister to tell him about our resolution. However sadly, he was unavailable.”
* Nonetheless, it’s nonetheless unclear if the TDP will pull out of the BJP-led NDA.
* The TDP has 16 members within the Lok Sabha and 4 within the Rajya Sabha.
(With inputs from businesses)