Heavy rains warning issued for Gujarat, Assam, West Bengal, Odisha; North India reels under heat wave
New Delhi: Eleven individuals had been killed in rain and lightning-related incidents within the nation, at the same time as northern elements of India on Monday reeled underneath sizzling climate situations.
Heavy showers pounded Mumbai and adjoining Thane district as southwest Monsoon picked up momentum within the area. In western India, heavy rains lashed a number of elements of south Gujarat, notably Valsad, Surat and Navsari districts, inflicting water-logging and throwing regular life out of substances within the area.
In West Bengal, 5 individuals had been killed in lightning strikes and one drowned after heavy monsoon rains and thunderstorms lashed the state on Monday morning, a state catastrophe administration official mentioned. He mentioned a seven-year-old boy was killed in Purulia district and two others had been killed in North 24 Parganas district on account of lightning strikes. The official mentioned a girl and a person of South 24 Parganas district had been additionally killed in lightning strikes. In Cooch Behar district, an 18-year-old particular person drowned in Sutunga river in Mekhliganj through the rains, he added, PTI reported.
Additionally Learn – Rains pound Mumbai, throw life out of substances; heavy downpour forecast for Tuesday
The flood state of affairs in Assam noticed a slight enchancment with waters in main rivers receding beneath the hazard stage, at the same time as two individuals reportedly drowned within the state’s Cachar district, taking the loss of life toll to 26. The Assam State Catastrophe Administration Authority (ASDMA) mentioned a complete inhabitants of 96,993 in 5 districts was reeling underneath the impression of the flood, as in opposition to 1.94 lakh individuals in six districts on Sunday.
The worst-hit district is Karimganj the place 59,023 individuals have been affected, whereas the opposite districts hit by the present wave of floods are Dhemaji, Lakhimpur, Cachar and Hailakandi.
It was a sizzling day in Delhi with the mercury settling at 42.7 levels Celsius on Monday, 5 notches above the season’s common. The minimal temperature was recorded at 32.6 levels Celsius, which was 4 notches above the conventional, based on the meteorological (Met) division. The weatherman has predicted partly cloudy skies and mud storm within the night on Tuesday.
Uttar Pradesh reeled underneath sizzling climate situations on Monday and Banda was the most popular place within the state with a most temperature of 45 levels Celsius. Nonetheless, the Met division has forecast rain or thunderstorm accompanied by squall at remoted elements of japanese UP over the subsequent two days.
Denizens of Jammu grappled with blistering warmth with the utmost and minimal temperatures being a number of notches above the conventional. The town recorded a excessive of 41.5 levels Celsius and a low of 26.four levels Celsius on Monday, a spokesperson of the Met division mentioned.
The utmost temperatures continued to hover above the conventional at most locations in Punjab and Haryana, together with in Chandigarh, with Hisar as soon as once more turning out to be the most popular place within the two states at 43.7 levels Celsius on Monday. Chandigarh, the widespread capital of Haryana and Punjab, recorded a most of 39.eight levels Celsius, three notches above the conventional, a Met division report mentioned.
In Rajasthan, heavy rainfall occurred at one or two locations on Monday within the Udaipur division and regular showers had been reported from remoted locations throughout the state, a Met official mentioned. Kota registered 7 cm of rainfall, Deogarh 6 cm, and Jawaja and Banera cities 5 cms every. A number of locations recorded 1 to four cm rainfall within the state. Churu was the most popular place within the state with a most of 44.6 levels Celsius.
India Meteorological Division warning for June 26:
– Heavy to very heavy rain at few locations, with extraordinarily heavy rain at remoted locations very doubtless over Gujarat Area.
– Heavy to very heavy rain very doubtless at remoted locations over Konkan and Goa, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, West Bengal, Sikkim and Odisha.
– Heavy rain very doubtless at remoted locations over coastal and south inside Karnataka, north coastal Andhra Pradesh, Saurashtra and Kutch, east Rajasthan, Jharkhand and Bihar.
– Duststorm/thunderstorm very doubtless at remoted locations over west Uttar Pradesh.
– Thunderstorm accompanied with squall very doubtless at remoted locations over east UP.
IMD warning for June 27:
– Heavy to very heavy rain very doubtless at remoted locations over Konkan and Goa, coastal Karnataka, sub Himalayan West Bengal and Sikkim.
– Heavy rain doubtless at remoted locations over Kerala, south inside Karnataka, north coastal Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat area, Marathwada, Chhattisgarh, east Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, east UP, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, east Rajasthan, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, gangetic West Bengal, Odisha and Jharkhand.
– Thunderstorm accompanied with squall and hail very doubtless at remoted locations over Uttarakhand.
– Thunderstorm accompanied with squall over Jammu division of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and UP.
(With inputs from PTI and imd.gov.in)