IMD issues fresh warning of thunderstorm, squall for north and east India on Monday
New Delhi: The India Meteorological Division has warned of thunderstorm accompanied with squall (wind pace reaching 50-70 kmph) ‘very seemingly’ at remoted locations over Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Odisha on Monday.
IMD warning for Could 14, 2018:
– Thunderstorm accompanied with gusty winds very seemingly at remoted locations over Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh and Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, gangetic West Bengal, Jharkhand, Assam and Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura, Telangana, Rayalaseema, South inside Karnataka and Tamilnadu and Puducherry.
– Heavy rain very seemingly at remoted locations over Odisha.
– Heatwave situations very seemingly at some locations over southwest UP, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Vidarbha and Marathawada.
– Duststorm very seemingly at remoted locations over Rajasthan.
IMD warning for Could 15, 2018:
– Thunderstorm accompanied with squall (wind pace reaching 50-70 kmph) and hail very seemingly at remoted locations over J&Ok, HP and Uttarakhand.
– Thunderstorm accompanied with squall (wind pace reaching 50-70 kmph) very seemingly at remoted locations over gangetic West Bengal.
– Thunderstorm accompanied with gusty winds very seemingly at remoted locations over Odisha and south inside Karnataka.
– Heatwave situations very seemingly at some locations over Rajasthan and Vidarbha.
Mud storm, rain lash components of Haryana, Punjab, Delhi
A sudden mud storm and rain hit a number of components of Punjab and Haryana, together with Faridabad and Gurgaon, on Sunday night. After sizzling climate situations prevailed by the day, the mud storm introduced reduction to residents in a number of cities, together with Chandigarh, Sonipat, Rohtak, Bhiwani, Karnal, Ambala, Panchkula, Jhajjar, Gurgaon and Faridabad.
Robust winds swept by Haryana because the climate modified abruptly and lightweight rain lashed a number of areas of the state, a meteorological division official stated in Chandigarh, PTI reported. A number of components of Punjab additionally skilled gentle rain.
Chandigarh earlier on Sunday had recorded a most temperature of 39.1C, a notch above the conventional. In Haryana, Ambala recorded a most temperature of 39.4C, Hisar 41.6C, Bhiwani 41C, Karnal 39C and Narnaul 42.5C. Amritsar, Ludhiana and Patiala in Punjab, too, registered above regular temperatures of 39.5C, 40.7C and 40C respectively.
Additionally, a squall and mud storm with a wind pace of as much as 109 kmph barrelled by Delhi and neighbouring areas on Sunday, affecting flight, rail and metro operations, uprooting bushes, and resulting in incidents of wall collapse. The sky turned darkish gray round four:30 pm. Gusty winds and rain lashed the nationwide capital, inflicting the temperature to drop round 10 notches to 25.2 levels Celsius.
The officers stated two squalls whipped by the nationwide capital. One clocking 109 kmph hit the Safdarjung space at four:44 pm and continued until four:46 pm. The opposite gusting to 96 kmph battered the Palam space at four:33 pm.
(With imd.gov.in and PTI inputs)