We must preserve this jewel
1. The excellent report on the Taj was a compelling learn. I used to be aghast to be taught the neglect and apathy that we, as Indians, have proven in direction of one of many wonders of the world. A monumental pity. It’s a welcome gesture on the a part of India right now to open a weekly discussion board for readers to return out with their views/ concepts on the way to redeem this beautiful piece of structure. The governments, each on the state and Centre, ought to get up to the approaching catastrophe and make instant, long-term efforts to put it aside. The world won’t ever forgive us if we fail to protect this jewel of our nation.
2. Its a pity to see the Taj getting spoilt. Whereas the grime is being eliminated by varied strategies, is it not potential to use lacquer in a number of layers, like on automobiles and picket devices? This will notably be utilized within the excessive contact areas in order that human contact doesn’t trigger additional harm.
three. Nice initiative, India right now… Finest needs and all success to you… The Taj is without doubt one of the causes that make our nation proud.
four. If INDIA TODAY goes to avoid wasting the Taj by educating individuals about our heritage and tradition, then it also needs to do the identical for websites like Konark and Hampi in order that the historical past of Hindu kings can also be preserved.
5. Authorities apathy in direction of India’s cultural heritage is well-known. Allow us to take the problem to reverse it. The Taj belongs not simply to India however to the entire world. A worldwide motion needs to be launched for its preservation. If a world public fund is created, I’ll contribute to it.
6. The Taj is a theme-less monument visited by hundreds of thousands on the idea of historic tales and books. It has no significance within the making of our historical past, apart from commemorating Shah Jahan’s love for Mumtaz Mahal. Have you ever heard of Alhambra and Alcazar in Spain? They make guests e book costly tickets days prematurely for a go to. There’s nothing nice inside these museums besides some historical past and exquisite gardens. But it surely creates an enormous suspense for the first-timer. Why not create a theme and save the Taj?
7. The Save the Taj marketing campaign must be taken up in all earnestness and with out politics. We have to be taught from Europe on the way to protect monuments. A couple of ideas: Agra, inside a radius to be decided by specialists, shouldn’t have any polluting trade. Measures needs to be taken to avoid wasting the Yamuna from the purpose it enters the plains in Uttarakhand. Free Agra of coal/ firewood by encouraging the Ujjwala scheme and incentivise using PNG/ LPG. Cremation grounds close to the Taj needs to be relocated with out hurting spiritual sentiments. Polluting autos needs to be barred inside a specified radius of the Taj.
eight. It’s painful to see that neither the state authorities nor the Centre is remotely bothered concerning the Taj. No marvel the Supreme Court docket needed to step in. The federal government ought to hand over the Tajs upkeep to the Tatas.